Prep 30 mins
Cook 40 mins
From Gooseberry Patch What's For Dinner?
- 4 cups sliced yellow squash
- 8 ounces sliced mushrooms
- 1 green bell pepper, sliced
- 1 red bell pepper, sliced
- 1 onion, sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon white pepper
- 1⁄8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 4 eggs
- 1⁄2 cup half-and-half
- 4 ounces shredded gruyere cheese
- 3⁄4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1 (9 inch) pie crusts
- In a large skillet, stir/saute squash, mushrooms, peppers, onions, and garlic in heated oil over medium-high heat for 10 minutes.
- Transfer vegetables to a bowl using a slotted spoon.
- Sprinkle vegetables with salt and pepper; stir to mix.
- In another bowl, beat eggs and half-and-half; stir in cheeses.
- Pour 1/3 of egg mixture into crust.
- Spoon in half the vegetables.
- Continue layering, ending with egg mixture.
- Bake in a 375° oven for 35-40 minutes or until top is golden brown and filling is set.
- Cool on wire rack for 30 minutes; serve warm.