Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
I found this recipe in a Best of International Cooking Book that I have been dying to try. So of course I say to myself, thats perfect for ZWT3 France! A simple side dish that looks so delicious!
- Remove outer leaves from lettuce. Cut off stem; cut lettuce head into quarters. Loosely tie lettuce quarters together with kitchen string; place in a large saucepan.
- Add peas and shallots or onions.
- Tie parsley sprigs together; place on top.
- Dot with butter. Add water; sprinkle salt and sugar over top.
- Cover and bring slowly to a boil. Stir carefully; cover and simmer 30 minutes, shaking pan occasionally.
- Remove parsley; remove string from lettuce. Serve as an accompaniment to roasted meats.