I found this recipe in a Best of International Cooking Book that I have been dying to try. So of course I say to myself, thats perfect for ZWT3 France! A simple side dish that looks so delicious!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Remove outer leaves from lettuce. Cut off stem; cut lettuce head into quarters. Loosely tie lettuce quarters together with kitchen string; place in a large saucepan.
- 2Add peas and shallots or onions.
- 3Tie parsley sprigs together; place on top.
- 4Dot with butter. Add water; sprinkle salt and sugar over top.
- 5Cover and bring slowly to a boil. Stir carefully; cover and simmer 30 minutes, shaking pan occasionally.
- 6Remove parsley; remove string from lettuce. Serve as an accompaniment to roasted meats.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Garden Peas With Onion
Serving Size: 1 (151 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 289.7
- Calories from Fat 210
- Total Fat 23.3 g
- Saturated Fat 14.6 g
- Cholesterol 61.0 mg
- Sodium 762.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 18.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.8 g
- Sugars 4.0 g
- Protein 4.4 g