Prep 15 mins
Cook 25 mins
This is another recipe I swiped from The Vegan Chef - veganchef.com
- 2 cups onions, diced
- 2 cups carrots, diced
- 2 cups zucchini, diced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1⁄4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 2 tablespoons paprika
- 2 tablespoons parsley, chopped
- 2 cups roma tomatoes, diced
- 1 (15 ounce) can kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 (15 ounce) can cannellini beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 cup tomato juice
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Saute the onion, carrots and zucchini in the oil for about 7 minutes - until just starting to soften a bit.
- Add the tomato paste, paprika, parsley and nutmeg. Saute an additional 2 minutes.
- Add all the remaining ingredients. Turn the heat to low and allow to simmer for 15 minutes.
- Serve by itself, or over pasta, rice or any other kind of grain.