Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
The name says it all! I've never made this but when I shared it in a recipe newsgroup, I got a lot of good feedback on it.
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 3 eggs
- 1 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup finely shredded carrot
- 1 cup finely shredded zucchini
- 1⁄2 cup finely shredded beet
- 1 1⁄2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 6 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1⁄2 cup butter or 1⁄2 cup margarine, softened
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 4 1⁄2 cups powdered sugar
- In large bowl, beat oil, eggs, sugar and vanilla.
- Combine dry ingredients; add to egg mixture and mix well.
- Stir in vegetables.
- Add chocolate chips and mix well.
- Pour into a greased and floured 13x9-inch baking pan.
- Bake at 350°F for 35-40 minutes or test done.
- For frosting, beat cream cheese, butter and vanilla until light and fluffy.
- Gradually beat in powdered sugar until smooth.
- Spread over cooled cake.
- Store in the refrigerator.