Prep 20 mins
Cook 15 mins
From Cooking Light. This is a light, healthy pasta. I made it with chicken instead of shrimp, and a can of drained diced tomatoes instead of fresh. I also added some agave (like honey) to step 5 and I thought that brought up the sweetness to combat the acidity nicely. If you like multitasking (like me!) I recommend making the "sauces" (see the step 1 and step 5) first while the pasta water boils. Then you can cook the pasta and shrimp/chicken at the same time. *Don't let the long ingredient list intimidate you - this is so simple and quick!
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh oregano
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon rind
- 1 teaspoon grated orange rind
- 1⁄4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 2 lbs medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 8 ounces uncooked angel hair pasta
- 5 cups chopped seeded tomatoes (about 1/2 pounds)
- 1⁄4 cup fresh basil, thinly sliced
- 1⁄4 cup of fresh mint, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 2 teaspoons spicy brown mustard
- 1⁄2 teaspoon grated lemon rind
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 3⁄4 cup crumbled feta cheese
- Combine 2 tablespoons olive oil and next 6 ingredients (through shrimp) in a large bowl; toss well.
- Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add shrimp mixture to pan; saute 6 minutes or until done. Remove from heat; set aside.
- Cook pasta according to package directions, omitting salt and fat.
- Place pasta in a large bowl; add tomato, basil, and mint.
- Combine red wine vinegar, 1 tablespoon olive oil, sugar, and next 5 ingredients (through black pepper) in a small bowl.
- Pour over pasta mixture and toss to coat. Stir in feta cheese and serve with shrimp.