1/1 Photo of Garden Pasta With Shrimp (Or Chicken or Tofu!)
mikey & ev's Note:
From Cooking Light. This is a light, healthy pasta. I made it with chicken instead of shrimp, and a can of drained diced tomatoes instead of fresh. I also added some agave (like honey) to step 5 and I thought that brought up the sweetness to combat the acidity nicely. If you like multitasking (like me!) I recommend making the "sauces" (see the step 1 and step 5) first while the pasta water boils. Then you can cook the pasta and shrimp/chicken at the same time. *Don't let the long ingredient list intimidate you - this is so simple and quick!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh oregano
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon rind
- 1 teaspoon grated orange rind
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 lbs medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 8 ounces uncooked angel hair pasta
- 5 cups chopped seeded tomatoes (about 1/2 pounds)
- 1/4 cup fresh basil, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup fresh mint, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 2 teaspoons spicy brown mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon grated lemon rind
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 3/4 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1Combine 2 tablespoons olive oil and next 6 ingredients (through shrimp) in a large bowl; toss well.
- 2Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add shrimp mixture to pan; saute 6 minutes or until done. Remove from heat; set aside.
- 3Cook pasta according to package directions, omitting salt and fat.
- 4Place pasta in a large bowl; add tomato, basil, and mint.
- 5Combine red wine vinegar, 1 tablespoon olive oil, sugar, and next 5 ingredients (through black pepper) in a small bowl.
- 6Pour over pasta mixture and toss to coat. Stir in feta cheese and serve with shrimp.
Browse Our Top Pasta, Rice and Grains Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Pasta, Rice and Grains Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Garden Pasta With Shrimp (Or Chicken or Tofu!)
Serving Size: 1 (380 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 445.6
- Calories from Fat 129
- Total Fat 14.3 g
- Saturated Fat 4.4 g
- Cholesterol 247.0 mg
- Sodium 608.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 38.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.6 g
- Sugars 6.2 g
- Protein 40.0 g