Prep 25 mins
Cook 1 hr
From Quick Cooking magazine.
- 2 cups mushrooms, sliced
- 1 1⁄2 medium carrots, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup celery, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup onion, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup green bell pepper, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup red bell pepper, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄8 cup olive oil
- 1 (28 ounce) can crushed tomatoes
- 2 (8 ounce) cans tomato sauce
- 0.5 (12 ounce) can tomato paste
- 1⁄2 cup vegetable broth
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 3⁄4 teaspoon brown sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄2 cup parmesan cheese
- Saute mushrooms, carrots, celery, onions, green peppers, red peppers, and garlic in olive oil until tender.
- Stir in the remaining ingredients.
- Bring to a boil, reduce heat, cover, and simmer for one hour.