Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr
I use a rotisserie chicken from the store to speed things up. It will take an hour off your cooking time if you do this. Source: Family Fun
- Heat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a lined baking pan (for easy clean-up) place chicken and season with salt and pepper.
- Drizzle on the lemon juice and oil, then bake the chicken until done.
- About 1 hour or until juices run clear when pierced.
- Transfer the meat to a plate, to cool, reserving the cooking juices.
- Cook the rotini as directed on the package, adding the broccoli to the pot for the last two minutes.
- Drain, reserving 1/4 cup of water, plus 2 tablespoons if you are using a rotisserie chicken.
- Transfer the rotini and broccoli to a large bowl.
- Add the reserved cooking juices and pasta water and toss to coat the ingredients.
- When the chicken has cooled, remove the skin.
- Pull the meat from the bone, cutting into bite size pieces, and add it to the pasta.
- In a small bowl, stir together the mayonnaise and mustard until well blended.
- Add the mixture, along with the remaining ingredients, to the bowl and toss well.
- Adjust salt and pepper and serve.
Took your lead & used a store-bought rotisserie chicken this time around & we were treated to a great one-dish meal! Short on prep time & long on taste, & that, in itself is a great combination! Another time, when I cook up a batch of chicken breasts for shredding/dicing & freezing, I'll have this recipe on hand to make again! Thanks for sharing it! [Tagged & made in Please Review My Recipe]