Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
This is basically the pasta salad my mom made growing up. I like it with lots of meat, cheese & veggies and smaller amounts of pasta. It's easy to alter as well
- 8 ounces rotini pasta
- 2 lbs ham steaks
- 5 roma tomatoes
- 1 medium cucumber
- 8 ounces swiss cheese
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon oregano
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- Cook pasta according to package directions.
- Cut the ham, tomatoes, cucumber and cheese into bite size pieces and put into bowl.
- Drain pasta and add to bowl.
- Add olive oil and spices and mix everything together.
- Note: this works best if pasta has had a chance to cool so it won't melt the cheese.
- Note: other additions include olives, different cheeses, elbow macaroni, or italian dressing instead of olive oil and spices.
Awesome! This is a great salad. We made it exactly as posted. It turned out to be much more than I expected (lasted us 4 days) but then I saw that it does serve 8. My husband loved it but said he would like to have it for a picnic without the ham. Great recipe, HobbysGirl!!! Thanks!! Made for PAC 2012