Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
This is a nice summer salad. Simple to make.
- 4 cups fusilli or 4 cups rotelle pasta, uncooked
- 1 cup baby carrots, coarsely chopped
- 1 cup asparagus, coarsely chopped
- 3⁄4 cup light mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons milk
- parsley, dried
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1⁄2 cup red onion, thinly sliced
- Cook pasta, adding carrots & asparagus during the last 3 or 4 min of cooking.
- Drain & rinse with cold water.
- Combine mayonaise, milk, parsley & garlic. Pour over pasta mixture.
- Add onions & toss.
- Cover & chill for up to 2 hours.
Love pasta salads especially for those summer cook outs. Great to find one so unlike our family favorites and one we really enjoyed - is so going to be a repeatable at our house.Had to do a sub on the asparagus as didn't have on hand . Used garden fresh carrots, a mix of garden vegetables from my back yard garden and snipped in fresh parsley. The garlic and the red onion along with the simple dressing made this eye appealing salad taste as good as it looked. Thank you Cookie in Ontario, happy I found this one as it's a keeper for sure.