Delicious and easy; looks pretty too. From EatingWell Newsletter.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 cups whole wheat rotini
- 1/3 cup reduced-fat mayonnaise
- 1/3 cup low-fat plain yogurt
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar or 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/8 teaspoon salt, or to taste
- fresh ground pepper, to taste
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes or 1 cup grape tomatoes, halved
- 1 cup diced yellow peppers or 1 cup red bell pepper
- 1 cup grated carrot
- 1/2 cup chopped scallion
- 1/2 cup chopped pitted kalamata olive
- 1/3 cup slivered fresh basil
- 1Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil.
- 2Cook pasta, stirring occasionally, until just tender, 8 to 10 minutes, or according to package directions.
- 3Drain and refresh under cold running water.
- 4Whisk mayonnaise, yogurt, oil, vinegar (or lemon juice), garlic, salt and pepper in a large bowl until smooth.
- 5Add the pasta and toss to coat.
- 6Add tomatoes, bell pepper, carrots, scallions, olives and basil; toss to coat well.
- 7*Can be made a day of ahead.*.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Garden Pasta Salad
Serving Size: 1 (162 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 255.5
- Calories from Fat 98
- Total Fat 10.8 g
- Saturated Fat 1.6 g
- Cholesterol 5.2 mg
- Sodium 278.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 35.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.6 g
- Sugars 4.8 g
- Protein 6.7 g