Prep 25 mins
Cook 10 mins
Delicious and easy; looks pretty too. From EatingWell Newsletter.
- 2 cups whole wheat rotini
- 1⁄3 cup reduced-fat mayonnaise
- 1⁄3 cup low-fat plain yogurt
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar or 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt, or to taste
- fresh ground pepper, to taste
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes or 1 cup grape tomatoes, halved
- 1 cup diced yellow peppers or 1 cup red bell pepper
- 1 cup grated carrot
- 1⁄2 cup chopped scallion
- 1⁄2 cup chopped pitted kalamata olive
- 1⁄3 cup slivered fresh basil
- Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil.
- Cook pasta, stirring occasionally, until just tender, 8 to 10 minutes, or according to package directions.
- Drain and refresh under cold running water.
- Whisk mayonnaise, yogurt, oil, vinegar (or lemon juice), garlic, salt and pepper in a large bowl until smooth.
- Add the pasta and toss to coat.
- Add tomatoes, bell pepper, carrots, scallions, olives and basil; toss to coat well.
- *Can be made a day of ahead.*.
I made this with regular fat stuff and black olives instead of kalamata. I was what I had on hand. But this was AWESOME. Taste of summer without have to have fresh summer produce