Prep 30 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is a yummy recipe that my mom got off the back of a Miracle Whip jar years ago. :)
Make and share this Garden Pasta Salad recipe from Food.com.
- 1 cup Miracle Whip
- 1⁄4 cup fresh parsley, chopped (I usually use 4 t. dried)
- 1 teaspoon dried basil leaves, crushed
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 (8 ounce) package sharp cheddar cheese, cubed
- 2 cups broccoli florets
- 1 cup corkscrew macaroni, cooked and drained (I use tri-color)
- 2 medium tomatoes, cut into thin wedges
- 2 -3 sliced cooked bacon (everything is better with bacon, right?!) (optional)
- Combine dressing, parsley, basil, and garlic; mix well.
- Add cheese, broccoli, and noodles; mix lightly.
- Spoon on salad plate; surround with tomatoes.
This was a great salad lunch. I used veggie spirals and added some onion and salt as well. I also used 1/2 mayo and 1/2 cup miracle whip for personal preference. I didn't have any cubed cheddar so I used shredded. We enjoyed this for lunch today and will have enough leftover to eat with our dinner tonight. Thanks so much for sharing.
A taste sensation! Loved all components of this wonderful, full of taste cooling salad. I used my fresh grape tomatoes from the garden, fresh parsley, and fresh basil. I picked some fresh succulent broccoli off the broccoli plant and this was just a hit, and will make this for "Saturday Lunch" at the farm. Added a bit of onion and salt. Just great, and I thank you so much, SweetsLady! Made for *Pet Parade* July 2008.
I made this tonight as a side for dinner, and plan to have the leftovers tomorrow for lunch. Apart from being delicious, I really appreciate being able to make a salad ahead without it going soggy, and I know I will depend on this recipe often in the summer. I made two changes...no Miracle Whip, so I used mayonnaise and added a pinch of sugar, as I believe that Miracle Whip is sweeter, and I added a chopped green onion to increase the herbal notes. Thanks for submitting this delightful salad.