Recipe by CindiJ
I clipped this from a magazine back in the early 80's. This is a great summer salad - or when wishing for summer during the long dreary days of winter. We prefer the broccoli raw, but can cook to your taste preferences.
Top Review by berry271
Nice pasta salad. I did cook the broccoli as I was making it specifically with my 12 month old in mind. Broccoli is about the only veg I can get him to eat. Go figure. I added the tomatoes to the salad instead of serving on top of them and I omitted the cheese. We just didn't have any on hand. But I think it would a nice addition.
- 1 cup Miracle Whip
- 1⁄4 cup chopped parsley
- 1 teaspoon dried basil leaves, crushed
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 (8 ounce) packagekraft mild cheddar cheese, cubed
- 2 cups fresh broccoli florets
- 2 cups tri-color corkscrew macaroni, cooked and drained
- 2 medium ripe tomatoes, cut into wedges or 1 cup grape tomatoes
- 1⁄2 cup chopped walnuts (optional)