Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
A vibrant, fresh tasting slaw with a wonderful balance of flavors and textures! Best if served within a few hours of making. (Slightly adapted from a Coastal Living recipe.)
- 2 granny smith apples, cored and thinly sliced
- 4 cups green cabbage, shredded (about 1/2 head)
- 4 cups red cabbage, shredded (about 1/2 head)
- 1 cucumber, seeded, & sliced (peeled or unpeeled)
- 3⁄4 cup dried tart cherry
- 1⁄4 cup unsalted pumpkin seeds (raw & shelled)
- 1⁄2 cup cider vinegar
- 1⁄3 cup clear honey
- 1⁄3 cup light olive oil
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt (or to taste)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- In a large bowl, toss together sliced granny smith apples, shredded green and red cabbage, seeded sliced cucumber (peeled or unpeeled), dried tart cherries, and raw shelled unsalted pumpkin seeds.
- In a one quart measuring cup, whisk together cider vinegar, clear honey, light olive oil, salt, and freshly ground black pepper.
- Pour vinaigrette over slaw mixture and toss to incorporate.
- Serve immediately, or cover and refrigerate for up to 4 hours (beyond that the cucumbers start to become soggy).