Prep 45 mins
Cook 0 mins
A vibrant, fresh tasting slaw with a wonderful balance of flavors and textures! Best if served within a few hours of making. (Slightly adapted from a Coastal Living recipe.)
- 2 granny smith apples, cored and thinly sliced
- 4 cups green cabbage, shredded (about 1/2 head)
- 4 cups red cabbage, shredded (about 1/2 head)
- 1 cucumber, seeded, & sliced (peeled or unpeeled)
- 3⁄4 cup dried tart cherry
- 1⁄4 cup unsalted pumpkin seeds (raw & shelled)
- 1⁄2 cup cider vinegar
- 1⁄3 cup clear honey
- 1⁄3 cup light olive oil
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt (or to taste)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- In a large bowl, toss together sliced granny smith apples, shredded green and red cabbage, seeded sliced cucumber (peeled or unpeeled), dried tart cherries, and raw shelled unsalted pumpkin seeds.
- In a one quart measuring cup, whisk together cider vinegar, clear honey, light olive oil, salt, and freshly ground black pepper.
- Pour vinaigrette over slaw mixture and toss to incorporate.
- Serve immediately, or cover and refrigerate for up to 4 hours (beyond that the cucumbers start to become soggy).
What a delightful and different slaw. You are so right the combination of flavors and textures are terrific. This is going in my "keeper" notebook. Thanks so much, So Cal Gal, for sharing it it.