Top Review by Mirj
A wonderful recipe! We had a few Brits over for dinner on Friday night and I served this up with a good dollop of Bird's Custard on top. The Brits washed it down with shandies, this American stuck with Coke. I didn't have any self-raising flour, some all-purpose flour with a teaspoon of baking powder did the trick. Thanks Miller, good one!
- 1 lb apple, peeled,cored and thickly sliced
- 6 ounces self-rising flour
- 3 ounces softened unsalted butter
- 2 ounces caster sugar
- 1 egg
- 6 tablespoons milk, approximately
Directions See How It's Made
- Grease a deep pie dish.
- Put the apples in the bottom of the dish.
- Mix together the flour, butter and sugar.
- Make a well in the centre and add the egg and enough milk to give a soft dropping consistency.
- Pour into the prepared dish, covering the apples.
- Cook, uncovered, at 350°F for about 1 hour, until well risen.
- Serve hot, and pour hot custard on top of individual servings.