Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
I saw this recipe in an older cookbook at my mother in law's and saved here to try when I got home.
- Tear off a handful of tea leaves.
- Bring water to a boil and pour over the leaves.
- Allow to steep for 5 to 7 minutes.
- Remove leaves and add honey to taste.
- Place ice cubes in glasses and pour hot tea over them.
- The tea can also be made by the pitcher by using one quart of water and a 1/2 cup of tea leaves. Place a quart of ice cubes in a pitcher and pour hot tea over them after the leaves have been removed and honey added.
Thanks! I needed proportions for a straight mint tea, without black or green tea in it, and this worked perfectly.
Wow! This was great! I threw the mint leaves in a tea kettle, boiled, turn off stove, let cool a little to allow to steep even more, added honey to the pot, then added slices of lemon. It's a hit! Thanks!
I love this! I would never have thought of adding honey to the mint tea even though now that I think of it, it is a common flavor for cough drops. Made for Summer Bargain Basement tag 2009.