1/1 Photo of Garden Mint Jelly With a Hint of Garlic
My mint has gone crazy this year so am trying to save some for the winter months, this was a mixture of several recipes plus a few bits of my own and it is DELICIOUS, even DH who hardly ever comments asked me to make more! I put only a hint of chilli in but feel free to add more if that is to your taste. This would be great with a hot curry I think. This Jelly will be a very dark green colour, just from the mint.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1wash mint thoroughly and divide into 2.
- 2take the leaves from one bunch, squeeze out the surplus water and chop finely.
- 3Put vinegar and sugar into a saucepan with the second bunch of mint and stir over a low heat until the sugar has dissolved.
- 4Bring to the boil for 1 minute.
- 5Strain syrup through a muslin and return to the saucepan.
- 6Stir in the certo, bring to the boil and boil for 2 minutes.
- 7Add the chopped mint, garlic and chilli.
- 8Allow to cool slightly to prevent the mint from floating.
- 9Skim, pot and cover in the usual way.
Browse Our Top Jellies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Garden Mint Jelly With a Hint of Garlic
Serving Size: 1 (1066 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1792.4
- Calories from Fat 12
- Total Fat 1.3 g
- Saturated Fat 0.2 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 397.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 463.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 20.2 g
- Sugars 302.6 g
- Protein 3.6 g