Prep 30 mins
Cook 1 hr 15 mins
From The Complete Diabetes Prevention Plan. Not vegetarian, but plenty of veggies keep it moist.Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 1/2 vegetable, 1 starch.
- 680.38 g 95% lean ground beef
- 59.14 ml quick-cooking oats
- 177.44 ml finely chopped onion
- 118.29 ml finely chopped bell pepper
- 118.29 ml grated carrot
- 118.29 ml vegetable juice cocktail (like V8)
- 88.74 ml liquid egg substitute
- 7.39 ml crushed garlic
- 9.85 ml dried parsley, finely crumbled (or use 2 tbsp. minced fresh)
- 4.92 ml dried thyme (or marjoram)
- 2.46 ml ground black pepper
- 1.23 ml salt
- 118.29 ml ketchup
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Place all ingredients (except ketchup) in a large bowl and mix well. Coat a 9 X 5 loaf pan with cooking spray and press the mixture into the pan to form a loaf.
- Bake uncovered for 45 minutes, then spread the ketchup over the top and bake for 30 more minutes, or until a meat thermometer registers 160 degrees in the center.
- Remove the loaf from the oven and let it rest 10 minutes before slicing and serving.