Prep 25 mins
Cook 1 hr
this is good for dinner.
- 2 cups thinly sliced zucchini
- 2 cups thinly sliced yellow squash
- 1 cup thinly sliced carrot
- 1 cup thinly sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 1⁄2 green bell pepper, diced
- 1⁄2 red bell pepper, diced
- 1 (14 ounce) can crushed tomatoes
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 0.5 (6 ounce) can tomato paste
- 1⁄4 cup sliced fresh basil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 3⁄4 cup small curd cottage cheese
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 8 oven-ready in.no cook in. lasagna noodles
- 12 slices provolone cheese, thinly sliced
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- Combine zucchini, squash, carrot, mushrooms, onion and peppers with water to cover. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat; reduce heat, and simmer 10 minutes or until vegetables are tender. Drain well, and return to pot.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Combine crushed tomatoes, tomato sauce, tomato paste, basil, garlic, salt, and pepper in a medium saucepan. Bring to a boil, reduce heat, and simmer 20 minutes.
- In a medium bowl, combine cream cheese, cottage cheese, and eggs. Stir together. Spread 1/3 of the sauce evenly over bottom of a 13 by 9 by 2-inch baking dish. Place 4 uncooked lasagna noodles on top of sauce. Do not overlap noodles. Spread 1/2 of cream cheese mixture over noodles. Cover cheese mixture with 1/2 the vegetable mixture, more sauce, and top evenly with 6 slices provolone cheese and 1 1/2 cups mozzarella cheese. Repeat layers with 4 noodles, rest of the cream cheese mixture, vegetables, sauce, and remaining cheeses. Place in oven for 35 minutes or until lasagna is hot and bubbling
- Let lasagna stand for 10 minutes before serving.