- 1 cup orzo pasta (rice-shaped pasta)
- 1 cup zucchini, thinly sliced
- 1⁄2 cup ripe olives, sliced
- 1⁄2 cup carrot, shredded
- 1⁄4 cup green onion, sliced
- 1 (2 ounce) jar pimientos, chopped, drained
- 1⁄2 cup Italian salad dressing
- 4 ounces mozzarella cheese, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley, chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook orzo to desired doneness as directed on package; drain. Rinse with cold water.
- In large bowl, combine orzo, zucchini, carrot, olives, onions and pimento.
- Pour dressing over salad; toss well.
- Refrigerate at least 2 hours to blend flavors.
- Add Mozzarella cheese just before serving; garnish with parsley. Refrigerate leftovers.
- Tip: Substitute 2 1/2 cups cooked macaroni for the orzo.