Recipe by Abby Girl
The slight sweetness of the roasted shallot in the vinaigrette dressing plays well off the bright-flavored herbs. You can add sliced cherry tomatoes and a sprinkle of goat cheese on top for a wonderful presentation
- 1 medium shallot, peeled
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon sugar (or Splenda)
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- herb salad dressing mix
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 400°.
- Wrap shallot in foil. Bake at 400° for 35 minutes; cool for 10 minutes. Peel and mince.
- Combine shallot, vinegar, oil, sugar, mustard, salt, and pepper in a large bowl; stir well with a whisk.
- Add enough dressing just to coat salad mix; toss.