Recipe by Bev
This is the recipe I use when making my homemade bread stuffing. I also use this recipe to make homemade coutons. It is incredibly fragrant while baking and will fill your house with it's fabulous aroma! This loaf is excellent for any cold meat sandwich you can dream up! With it's many uses, I hope you enjoy it as much as I have! I found this recipe in Electric Bread. 12-16 cup pan capacity; or one regular size loaf
Top Review by Donna M.
Wonderful loaf of bread! I used fresh rosemary, dried marjoram and thyme. I added a heaping tablespoon of dried onion flakes. I shaped and baked my loaf in the oven, but mixed the dough in the machine. I baked the loaf about 30 minutes at 350° F. The bread came out extremely moist and so flavorful. This one is going into my file of keepers. Thanks, Bev!
- 1 1⁄4 cups water
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 3 cups white bread flour
- 2 tablespoons dry milk
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 2 teaspoons chives
- 2 teaspoons marjoram
- 2 teaspoons thyme
- 1 teaspoon basil
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons fast rise yeast or 2 teaspoons active dry yeast
Directions See How It's Made
- Using the instructions from your bread machine, combine ingredients accordingly.
- Success Hints:* Use dried herbs that are flaked and not ground.
- If using fresh herbs, double the amount.
- *To make Rosemary Bread, use half as much marjoram and thyme and replace the chives and basil with fresh chopped rosemary.
- *Any combination of spices may be substitiuted according to your tastes.
- *The recipe can be made with the white, rapid or delay bake cycles.