Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
Herby Frittata that is oh-so-good! A Californian Sauvignon Blanc would be an awesome pairing! Adapted from Alexandra Angle of Aqua Vitae.
- Preheat the oven to 350°.
- Whisk eggs with chopped herbs and whole milk in a bowl and season with salt and pepper.
- In a medium ovenproof nonstick skillet, melt 2 tablespoons butter over moderate heat. Add onion and saute until it is softened, about 6 minutes.
- Add vermouth and increase heat to high and cook until evaporated, about 1 minute. Reduce heat to moderate and add the remaining 2 tablespoons of butter to the skillet.
- Pour in the egg mixture. Carefully arrange the tomato slices on top of the egg mixture in a single layer in a pretty circle. Cook eggs without touching, until the edge just begins to set, about 4 minutes.
- Place skillet in oven and bake for 30 minutes, or until it is set in the center.
- Let the frittata stand for 5 minutes, then slide it onto a large plate and serve.
Very nice dish. I halved the recipe, as there's only 2 of us and the leftovers made a nice toasted sandwich the next day. Made for Facebook ABC Tag. :)
DH made this easy, tasty frittata for us for brunch today. We easily halved the ingredients to suit the 2 of us. It looked very pretty in the pan. Thanks!
I made this for Hubby and Little Miss (DD) for dinner tonight and they both enjoyed it. For the herbs I used Parsley, Basil, Sage, Oregano and I also added a little Garlic. It only took me about 20 mins to cook, but it may be that my pan was larger. They both enjoyed the Frittata. Thank NcMysteryShopper - *Made for Zaar World Tour 4*