Recipe by mary winecoff
My yellow tomatoes were wonderful this year. Yellow tomatoes are less acidic than red ones but I am sure you can substitute red for yellow in this recipe. It calls for white balsamic vinegar but mine was dark and it was still wonderful. This is from Bon Appetit (August 2008).
Top Review by waynejohn1234
Wonderful salad and the peaches are a pleasant change from strawberries. Bon Appetit must be my bible when it comes to interesting and reliable recipes. Thanks for submitting.
- 1⁄3 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons shallots, minced
- 2 tablespoons white balsamic vinegar
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 8 cups mixed baby greens
- 4 yellow tomatoes, cut into wedges
- 2 fresh peaches, wiped clean of fuzz, halved, pitted and thinly sliced