Prep 25 mins
Cook 35 mins
Fresh tender green beans cooked with flavorful bacon and onion provide old-fashioned goodness. A great side with just about any kind of meat. Land-O-Lakes Cookbook
- 1 lb fresh green beans, trimmed
- 4 slices bacon, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1 cup red onion, separated into rings
- 3 tablespoons butter or 3 tablespoons margarine
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- in 3 qt saucepan place beans and bacon; add enough water to cover, bring to a full boil, cover, cook over medium heat, stirring occasionally until beans are crispy tender, drain.
- return beans to pan; add remaining ingredients, cook over medium heat stirring occasionally until onion is crispy tender.
- serve hot.
My favorite way to do green beans! I always add 3 or 4 smallish garlic cloves. (Sometimes add new potatoes, too!) Easy and very tasty. Thanks, daisygrl!
These were very simple and very tasty! We enjoyed them very much. I added a little minced garlic to the pan with the butter. Thanks, daisygrl! Made for Photo tag.