Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
Nicely seasoned fresh green beans - the perfect side dish for any meat.
- 4 cups cut fresh green beans (2-inch pieces)
- 1 1⁄2 cups sliced fresh mushrooms
- 2 tablespoons chopped onions
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil or 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1⁄3 cup sliced water chestnuts
- 1⁄2 teaspoon italian seasoning
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons shredded parmesan cheese
- Place beans in a saucepan and cover with water; bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat; cover and simmer until crisp-tender.
- Meanwhile, in a skillet, saute mushrooms, onion and garlic in oil until tender.
- Stir in water chestnuts and seasonings; heat through.
- Drain beans and stir into skillet.
- Sprinkle with parmesan cheese.
- Serve immediately.
Thanks for posting Chris! An oldie but goodie recipe. These green beans were fab! The whole family loved them. Made as written except no water chestnuts as our family preference is not to eat them. No matter these beans were gone in a flash! Easy to make and looks great. The slightly caramelized mushrooms, garlic and onions tasted divine. Everyone went for seconds. Made for Bargain Basement Tag Game Sept. 2011. Enjoy! ChefDLH