Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr
This is a great pasta salad that everyone always loves! I sometimes substitute rotini pasta or black olives. Makes a great meatless main dish meal along with some bread!
- 4 cups cooked radiatore (nugget)
- 2 cups thinly sliced cucumbers
- 1 cup chopped red bell pepper (1 medium)
- 1⁄2 cup red onion, sliced (1/2 small)
- 1⁄4 cup kalamata olive, pitted and cut in half
- 1⁄4 cup finely chopped fresh parsley
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 1⁄4 cup lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh oregano (1/2 t. dried oregano leaves)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 (16 ounce) can kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1⁄2 cup crumbled feta cheese
- Cook pasta according to package directions.
- Mix all ingredients except feta cheese in large bowl.
- Cover and refrigerate at least 1 hour to blend flavors.
- Top with crumbled cheese.
This was delicious and a great hit. I did add garlic to the dressing but otherwise I followed the instructions. Company loved this dish! Thank you for posting. Made for Spring PAC 2013.
I fixed this tonight and it was a real winner. I stuck pretty close to original recipe except I added a clove of minced garlic to the dressing and about 1/4 of a green bell pepper just because it needed to be used up. Next time I think I will add a bit more garlic and maybe make a smidge more dressing. I also used tricolor radiatore. This will be a regular on our summer menu this year. Thanks for sharing.
This is a great salad that we all enjoyed. The Kalamata Olives and Feta Cheese are a wonderful addition to this dish. Very pretty too. I can't wait to make this dish again. Thanks so much for sharing, Flying4Me. It was great!