Prep 1 hr 30 mins
Cook 0 mins
I'm ready for warm weather! This is a tasty, crunchy salad, not too fussy, with ingredients most people generally have on-hand. I also like it because it's not too "oily". It's absolutely wonderful and refreshing with veggies straight from the garden! Prep time includes letting salad flavors "blend" in the fridge.
- 1 medium tomatoes, seeded and chopped
- 1⁄2 medium cucumber, chopped (seeded if you like)
- 1⁄2 medium green bell pepper, chopped
- 1 stalk celery, minced
- 1⁄4 cup bermuda onion, minced
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped
- 1 jalapeno pepper, minced (optional)
- 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1⁄2 teaspoon oregano
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- salt and pepper
- Combine all vegetables.
- Whisk together dressing ingredients and pour on vegetables.
- Toss to coat thoroughly, and chill at least an hour (more if you have time) for flavors to blend.
This was wonderful! Even without the tomato (didn't have any) and I used serrano chile because I didn't have jalepeno. Serranos are quite a bit more spicy, but that's okay with ME! I'll be serving this at our Spanish dinner party later this month! I'm thinking...shrimp! Thanks so much, Angie!
Great salad!! I made 4 batches of this for my DS's confirmation buffet and it was a great hit. I used both green and yellow bell peppers for color and served it in a glass trifle bowl. It was eye-catching and delicious! Thanks EdsGirlAngie.
This is delicious with barbequed chicken! I made a few minor changes by adding about 1/2 bunch spinach, using 1 whole cucumber, 1 whole red bell pepper (instead of green) and 1/2 red onon (instead of bermuda). I also used cilantro instead of parsley. All in all this is still the same basic recipe with minor changes due to our taste and what we had on hand. Dressing is wonderful and I really liked that it wasn't as oily as many others. Delicous salad which we will be making a lot this summer. Thanks for sharing!