Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep1 hr 30 mins
I'm ready for warm weather! This is a tasty, crunchy salad, not too fussy, with ingredients most people generally have on-hand. I also like it because it's not too "oily". It's absolutely wonderful and refreshing with veggies straight from the garden! Prep time includes letting salad flavors "blend" in the fridge.
- 1 medium tomato, seeded and chopped
- 1⁄2 medium cucumber, chopped (seeded if you like)
- 1⁄2 medium green bell pepper, chopped
- 1 stalk celery, minced
- 1⁄4 cup bermuda onion, minced
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped
- 1 jalapeno pepper, minced (optional)
- 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1⁄2 teaspoon oregano
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- salt and pepper
- Combine all vegetables.
- Whisk together dressing ingredients and pour on vegetables.
- Toss to coat thoroughly, and chill at least an hour (more if you have time) for flavors to blend.