Prep 30 mins
Cook 1 hr
This recipe is full of vegetables and herbs that hail the flavors of Italy.
Make and share this Garden Frittata Italiano recipe from Food.com.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 lb mushroom, sliced
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 lb fresh spinach, chopped
- 1 lb roma tomato, chopped and seeded
- 1⁄4 cup fresh basil, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup fresh parsley, chopped
- 2 teaspoons ground oregano
- 2 teaspoons ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 12 eggs
- 1 1⁄2 cups milk
- 2 cups sharp cheddar cheese
- In large skillet, saute onions, garlic, and mushrooms in olive oil until softened; drain.
- Drain any excess moisture from tomatoes.
- Combine spinach, mushroom mixture, herbs, and tomatoes in large bowl.
- pour into greased 13 x 9 - inch dish.
- Beat eggs until frothy; add milk and dry seasonings.
- Pour over spinach mixture.
- Bake at 350 for 45-50 minutes, or until almost set, but still wobbly.
- Top evenly with cheese; bake additional 7-10 minutes or until cheese melts.
Thanks for a great brunch idea. I used some chimichurri sauce that I had leftover from the night before, which included all the herbs and garlic that are mentioned in your recipe. I know what I'm having for breakfast every morning after having churrasco steak the night before :)