Recipe by PanNan
I got this recipe with a food processor many years ago and have been using it ever since. I assumed I'd find it posted here already. However, I've just reviewed 7 pages of zucchini bread recipes, and didn't find one with the same ratio of standard ingredients. I love the flavor and texture, and decided to post here for future reference.
- 1 cup walnuts
- 1 medium zucchini (should produce 1 1/2 cups when shredded)
- 1⁄2 cup vegetable oil
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350°F Grease and flour a 9 X 5 loaf pan.
- Chop or slice walnuts (I use the food processor slicer blade) and set aside.
- Shred zucchini and set aside.
- In a food processor bowl (with knife blade), or mixer bowl, add oil, sugar, eggs, vanilla, baking soda, cinnamon, salt, and baking powder. Process or mix until just blended.
- Add flour to the bowl. Process or mix just until incorporated into the batter.
- Add zucchini and walnuts, and stir by hand just until they're mixed in . Pour batter into the loaf pan and bake until the loaf tests done, about 1 1/4 hours.