Recipe by ratherbeswimmin'
This is both healthy and delicious and best with fresh from the garden vegetables. Simply seasoned with salt, pepper, and lemon juice which I think enhances the natural flavors of the vegetables. Adapted from American Heart Association One-Dish Meals. 241 calories, 1.0 g fat, 0 mg cholesterol, 41 g carbohydrate per 1 1/2 cup serving.
- 1892.72 ml water
- 170.09 g linguine, broken into thirds
- 113.39 g sugar snap peas, trimmed
- 113.39 g asparagus spears, trimmed and broken into 2-inch pieces
- 170.09 g grape tomatoes (or cherry tomatoes, halved)
- 78.07 ml snipped fresh parsley
- 59.14 ml chopped green onion (green and white parts)
- 2.46 ml salt (or to taste)
- 170.09 g fat free feta cheese or 170.09 g reduced-fat feta cheese, drained and crumbled
- 14.79 ml fresh lemon juice
- 1.23-2.46 ml pepper (or to taste)
Directions See How It's Made
- Bring the water to boiling in a large saucepan over high heat.
- Add in the linguini, stir and return to a boil; boil for 6 minutes.
- Add in the peas and asparagus; stir.
- Cook for 3 minutes or until the peas are crisp-tender.
- In a large bowl, mix together the tomatoes, parsley, green onion, and salt.
- Drain thoroughly the pasta-vegetable mixture in a colander; transfer to tomato mixture and stir gently.
- Gently stir in the feta, lemon juice, and pepper into the linguini-vegetable mixture.