Recipe by kelly
Made from fresh San Marzano tomatoes from the garden. This sauce is great when served over hommade pasta.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 24 san marzano tomatoes
- 1⁄2 onion
- 4 garlic cloves
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1 teaspoon basil
- 1⁄4 cup red wine
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- blanch and peal the tomotoes. I leave the seeds in as they are small in this type of tomato.
- 1/2 and run the tomatoes through a food processor or blender.
- Saute onion and galic in the olive out.
- Add red wine.
- Add tomato sauce from step 2.
- Add oregano, basil, salt and pepper.
- Let simmer. The length of time will depend on how thick you want the sauce.