Prep 15 mins
Cook 2 mins
Pick the ingredients for this dish straight from your garden if you can. When that's impossible, premium produce from the store tastes great too. The spaghetti sauce seasons the dish, but oregano, basil, parsley, or red pepper, especially if they're fresh, can be added for more flavor.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 cup sliced mushrooms
- 1⁄4 cup chives
- 2 -3 bell peppers, at least two different colors
- 5 -6 large tomatoes
- 1⁄4 cup spaghetti sauce
- 8 ounces spaghetti
- Heat oil in large skillet over medium heat.
- Add mushrooms.
- Chop each additional vegetable in turn as they appear on ingredients list, (chives, peppers, then tomatoes) adding each to the hot skillet as you finish chopping it.
- Chives should be chopped into long pieces and peppers and tomatoes should be cut into large bite-size pieces.
- Immediately after adding tomatoes, add spaghetti sauce and cook just long enough to warm the tomatoes and sauce (1-2 minutes).
- To make this dish look especially fancy, spoon vegetables over each individual dish of spaghetti.