Recipe by Mysterygirl
As soon as I saw the ingredient list for RSC #3, I saw this recipe in my mind. I was soooo excited that I couldn't wait to try out my idea. I love veggies and sausage and pasta and they just seem like the perfect marriage of tastes. Hope you enjoy this recipe. Add a nice salad and some garlic toast with a glass of red wine for a nice cozy dinner.
Top Review by Terri F.
This was excellent! I added just about half a teaspoon of basil to the mixture (because I like basil), and topped it with mozzarella and parmesan mixed. Served it with garlic toast topped with parmesan, and of course the recommended glass of red wine. I'll be using this recipe often, it's easy and sooooooo tasty!
- 1 lb Italian pork sausage
- 1 medium onion
- 2 -3 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1 zucchini
- 1 yellow zucchini
- 1⁄2 cup red bell pepper, chopped
- 16 ounces tomato sauce (2 8 oz cans)
- 16 ounces penne pasta
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon rosemary
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- freshly grated parmesan cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Put pot of water on to boil for pasta according to directions on the package.
- Slice both zucchinis lengthwise into quarters, then slice those pieces into chunks.
- When water comes to a rolling boil, add pasta and zucchinis, cooking 10- 12 minutes or until pasta is al dente, then drain.
- Meanwhile, remove skins from the sausage and cut it into 1 inch chunks.
- Brown sausage in a large skillet over medium heat for about 15 minutes or until it is well browned.
- Remove sausage from skillet and drain on paper towels, discard the grease.
- Add olive oil to skillet.
- Thinly slice onion.
- Add onion, red bell pepper and garlic to skillet.
- Cook stirring to scrap up the browned bits on the bottom of the skillet.
- Cook until onion is transparent, about 3 minutes.
- Add tomato sauce, salt, pepper, oregano and rosemary to skillet.
- Bring to a boil then reduce and let simmer 10 minutes.
- Add drained pasta and vegetables.
- Serve in bowls topped with cheese.