Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Fried Egg and Bacon on French Bread with Fresh Mozzarella, Tomatoes and Herbs A really simple fresh breakfast that makes you feel everyday is Mother's Day. Even in Dallas we have urban chicken farmers that we can get fresh eggs from, I love the blue and brown ones the most! The herbs I pick straight from my garden, nothing beats it! If you really want to get fancy you substitute the Roma's for Heirloom Cherry tomatoes, Just slice in quarters. This actually adds more depth to the dish, especially if they have red wines mixed in, yum!
- Heat oven to 350.
- Place bacon strips on a foil lined cookie sheet, cook for 12 -15minutes, until desired crispness is reached.
- Remove leaves from stems of herbs and finally chop. Dice tomato.
- Toast French Bread slices, then spread 1 tsp of ICINB on each piece and set aside.
- Heat a nonstick pan to med-high, spray with oil after hot then put in eggs, 2 at a time. Fry to your liking. sprinkle with S & P.
- For each serving, Slide cooked eggs on top of buttered french toast, tear apart 2 oz of the fresh mozzarella on top. Tear up 2 slices of cooked bacon. Then sprinkle with half the diced tomato and half of the fresh herbs.