Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
"Fresh garden vegetables make this a special dish that's quick, easy, and downright delicious. It costs about 88 cents per person." Made this a couple of days ago. I was really afraid one box of fettuccine wasn't going to be enough, but it turns out perfectly. I used my mandoline thing to julienne the zucchini. Everybody in my meat-loving family enjoyed this hearty, healthy vegetarian dish. Very filling. I also used a big (like 30 oz?) can of diced tomatoes, drained instead of fussing with fresh ones. I also used the Parmesan cheese out of the container, but it would be awesome with fresh! As always, you can adjust the garlic, cheese, and red pepper flakes to your tastes. You could also use green peppers instead of red if you like. Enjoy!
- 453.59 g package fettuccine
- 1 large zucchini, julienned
- 2 medium red peppers, cut into strips
- 2 medium onions, chopped fine
- 5 garlic cloves, minced
- 29.58 ml vegetable oil
- 4 medium tomatoes, peeled, seeded, and chopped
- 4.92 ml salt
- 2.46 ml pepper
- 0.59 ml crushed red pepper flakes
- 78.07 ml parmesan cheese, shredded
- Cook fettuccine according to package directions.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet, saute the zucchini, peppers, onions and garlic until tender.
- Add the tomatoes, salt, pepper, and pepper flakes. Saute 4-5 minutes longer.
- Drain pasta and add to vegetable mixture.
- Toss to coat and sprinkle with cheese.
- I liked putting a little sprinkle of fresh parsley over the top.
Love food like this! Perfect for our hot weather. Made for Spring PAC 2013. Did add some leftover chicken.