Prep 20 mins
Cook 2 hrs
This recipe has been in the family for decades. You can use whatever type cottage cheese you prefer-though regular or 2% turns out best-the same goes for the curd as we have used both large and small- I suppose large curd may provide a creamier salad. Cooking time is chill time.
- 6 cups cottage cheese
- 1⁄2 cup mayonnaise
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 1 cucumber, diced
- 1 green bell pepper, diced
- 1 bunch green onion, diced, white and green
- 1 tomatoes, large and diced
- 1 bunch radish, sliced
- 1⁄4-1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4-1⁄2 teaspoon pepper, fresh ground is best
- Thoroughly wash and then prep veggies. Gently combine the cottage cheese, mayo, sourcream and salt & pepper. Fold in the veggies and let chill in fridge for at least 2 hours or longer if possible to develope flavors.
This is so good! Trying to eat healthier so I made a smaller portion, with only 2 cups of cottage cheese and a little under 1/4 cup of sour cream and mayo, but I still put in over half of each veggie! Great snack for lunch or after the gym! Made for PAC Spring '10