1 Cookin' Texan 1954's Note:
I love this recipe! You can do all kinds of things with it by using your favorite fresh veggies from the garden. I am always asked for the recipe when I take it to potlucks. A friend of mine shared it with me so I don't know how she got it but I am glad she did!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Saute almonds with bacon in large skillet.
- 2When almonds are lighly roasted and bacon is crisp, remove from skillet with slotted spoon.
- 3Add zucchine, eggplant and onion to the skillet with dripping from the bacon; cover and cook over medium-low heat for 15 minutes, stirring often.
- 4Mix in flour.
- 5Add tomatoes;stir in garlic, salt, pepper, and basil.
- 6Layer vegetable mixture, almonds and bacon mixture, then Swiss cheese slices, making 2 layers of each, into a 2 quart baking dish ending with a ring of almonds and bacon in a ring on top.
- 7Bake, uncovered in a preheated 400 degree oven for 15 to 20 minutes or until bubbly throughout.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Garden Fresh Casserole
Serving Size: 1 (183 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 213.2
- Calories from Fat 140
- Total Fat 15.5 g
- Saturated Fat 5.2 g
- Cholesterol 23.3 mg
- Sodium 483.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 10.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.9 g
- Sugars 4.1 g
- Protein 9.7 g