Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
Parsley, chives, green bell pepper, mustard and cayenne combine in this lovely, quick and easy vinaigrette dressing that is wonderful on any kind of salad greens you like. You should make this ahaed of time so it will have time to chill. From Southern Living, Feb. 1986.
- 1⁄4 cup light vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons vinegar (any kind)
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons chopped fresh chives
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons minced green bell peppers (or any kind you wish)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 dash ground red pepper (cayenne)
- Combine all ingredients in a jar. Cover tightly, and shake vigorously.
- Chill several hours.
- Serve over salad greens.