Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
We have a LOT of fresh veggies this year from the garden, so I'm constantly trying to create recipes to use up our bounty! I used Classico Roasted Garlic Alfredo sauce, but feel free to use your favorite. I absolutely love surimi (imitation crab), especially when combined with a cheesy sauce! I'm sure you could substitute the surimi with chicken if you prefer.
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves
- 4 medium tomatoes
- 2 medium yellow squash, sliced and quartered
- 2 medium zucchini, sliced into half moons
- 1 sweet onion, slivered
- 8 ounces fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil
- 1⁄2 salt
- 1⁄4 black pepper
- 1 (8 ounce) package surimi, loosely chopped (imitation crab)
- 1 (15 ounce) jar alfredo sauce
- 1 green onion, sliced
- 1⁄4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 8 ounces fettuccine
- Put on water for pasta and bring to a boil.
- Mince garlic and cut onion into slivers.
- Place olive oil in a heavy flat-bottomed skillet and add the onion and garlic.
- Stir in the the mushrooms, zucchini and yellow squash.
- Cut two of the tomatoes into chunks and add to the skillet, and saute until squash is cooked, about 7-10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- While this is sauteing, cook the fettuccine according to package directions for al dente pasta.
- About two minutes before the pasta is done, chop and add the remaining tomatoes to the skillet, as well as the basil, green onion (be sure to use both the green and white part of the onion) and surimi.
- Add the jar of Alfredo sauce and stir to combine.
- Stir in the Parmesan cheese.
- Drain pasta and add to pot, tossing to coat.