Recipe by Sharon123
This is a wrap within a wrap. Cottage cheese is mixed with fresh vegetables and herbs for zest and vigor, then placed inside a crisp lettuce leaf before being wrapped in a tortilla. For a change, you could add a little feta cheese. Adapted from Wraps cookbook.
Top Review by FLUFFSTER
This is sooo good! I love everything in this recipe! I am on a weight crusade, so I made a few changes, but nothing to deter from the recipe. I also used a whole wheat tortilla, and used light cottage cheese, so shave off some calories and fat. This is a perfect thing for me to have and it goes well with my diet. Thanks so much Sharon, this is a winner for sure! Made for KK's forum event for Sharon.
- 118.29 ml diced red bell pepper, seeds and ribs discarded (or use yellow bell peppers)
- 118.29 ml finely chopped carrot
- 118.29 ml chopped tomato, seeds discarded
- 29.58-44.37 ml lemon juice
- 44.37 ml green onions, green part only, thinly sliced
- 44.37 ml fresh basil, chopped
- 4.92 ml lemon zest, grated (or 2-3 drops lemon oil)
- 1.23 ml onion salt
- fresh ground black pepper
- 236.59 ml large curd cottage cheese
- 2 large butter lettuce leaves (or other leaf lettuce)
- 2 flour tortillas (10-inch-11-inch)
Directions See How It's Made
- Place cottage cheese in a sieve and press to remove some of the moisture.
- Mix the bell pepper, carrot, tomato, lemon juice, green onion, basil, lemon zest, and onion salt in a medium bowl. Add black pepper to taste. Gently fold cottage cheese into the vegetable mixture.
- Place a lettuce leaf on each tortilla.
- Divide the cottage cheese mixture among the lettuce leaf lined tortillas and wrap.
- Enjoy immediately!
- How to wrap:.
- If tortilla is stiff, warm slightly(about 15 seconds) to make more flexible. Fold the right and left edges of the tortilla over the filling, toward the center. Fold the bottom edge of the tortilla toward the center and gently roll until the tortilla is completely wrapped around the filling.