This is a wrap within a wrap. Cottage cheese is mixed with fresh vegetables and herbs for zest and vigor, then placed inside a crisp lettuce leaf before being wrapped in a tortilla. For a change, you could add a little feta cheese. Adapted from Wraps cookbook.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/2 cup diced red bell pepper, seeds and ribs discarded (or use yellow bell peppers)
- 1/2 cup finely chopped carrot
- 1/2 cup chopped tomato, seeds discarded
- 2 -3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons green onions, green part only, thinly sliced
- 3 tablespoons fresh basil, chopped
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest, grated (or 2-3 drops lemon oil)
- 1/4 teaspoon onion salt
- fresh ground black pepper
- 1 cup large curd cottage cheese
- 2 large butter lettuce leaves (or other leaf lettuce)
- 2 flour tortillas (10-inch-11-inch)
- 1Place cottage cheese in a sieve and press to remove some of the moisture.
- 2Mix the bell pepper, carrot, tomato, lemon juice, green onion, basil, lemon zest, and onion salt in a medium bowl. Add black pepper to taste. Gently fold cottage cheese into the vegetable mixture.
- 3Place a lettuce leaf on each tortilla.
- 4Divide the cottage cheese mixture among the lettuce leaf lined tortillas and wrap.
- 5Enjoy immediately!
- 6How to wrap:.
- 7If tortilla is stiff, warm slightly(about 15 seconds) to make more flexible. Fold the right and left edges of the tortilla over the filling, toward the center. Fold the bottom edge of the tortilla toward the center and gently roll until the tortilla is completely wrapped around the filling.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Garden Cottage Crunch!
Serving Size: 1 (293 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 241.0
- Calories from Fat 66
- Total Fat 7.4 g
- Saturated Fat 3.6 g
- Cholesterol 15.7 mg
- Sodium 640.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 27.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.7 g
- Sugars 5.6 g
- Protein 17.1 g