Prep 20 mins
Cook 5 mins
Love this salad. It's a little different than other corn salads. So good when corn is in season.
- 8 ears fresh corn
- 1 small zucchini, diced
- 1 green pepper, diced (red is fine, too)
- 1⁄2 cup chopped red onion
- 16 sweet pickles, minced
- 1 cup fresh basil leaf
- 1⁄2 cup mayonnaise (light is fine)
- 1⁄3 cup beef broth (can use vegetable broth)
- 1⁄4 cup sour cream (light is fine)
- salt and pepper, totaste
- Remove kernals from cobs, blanch in boiling water for 5 minutes.
- Drain, rinse and place in a bowl.
- Add zucchini, peppers, onion and pickles.
- In a food processor or blender, whirl basil leaves, mayonnaise, broth and sour cream.
- Toss with salad.
- Refrigerate for at least 2 hours.
This is a really great recipe, I'm glad I tried it. It was creamy and I used vegetable broth.
A great salad for a hot summer day! I used vegetable broth and halved the recipe. Thank you!!!