Prep 20 mins
Cook 45 mins
An aromatic dish that really makes your mouth water. My house smells fabulous for days! I think its a Masterfoods recipe.
- 500 g chicken breast fillets (4 fillets)
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon rosemary
- 1 teaspoon sage
- 1 teaspoon thyme
- 2 cloves garlic
- 2 yellow onions
- 2 zucchini
- 1 red capsicum
- 1 yellow capsicum
- 1 green capsicum
- 6 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 (400 g) can chopped tomatoes
- 1 pinch salt and black pepper
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh flat leaf parsley
- fresh basil leaf, for garnish
- Rub the chicken fillets with dried herb mix.
- Peel and finely chop garlic and onions.
- Wash all the vegetables.
- Chop the zucchini.
- Cut the capsicums in half, remove the seeds and white pith and cut into wide strips.
- Heat 2 tablespoons of the oil in a large pan.
- Add the chicken and fry for 8 minutes.
- Turn over and fry for a further 5 minutes.
- Remove from pan and keep warm.
- Add the remaining oil, onions, garlic, zucchini and capsicums to the pan.
- Cook, stirring, for 10 minutes or until the vegetables soften.
- Add the tomatoes (with juice) and season.
- Cover and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Stir in parsley and place chicken on top.
- Cover and simmer for a further 10 minutes, garnish with basil and serve with either rice or couscous.
- (A variation with herb mix, try adding fennel or a touch of lavendar, to suit your tastes).
YUM!! This was fantastic...I sliced my onions and cut my zucchini into batons so all veg were the same size. It's very colourful and looks really lovely served over rice. Thanks for sharing this very easy n tasty meal! :) The vegetable and tomato mixture was reproduced again today and served with BBQ steak...updated to 5 stars by DH's request.