Prep 30 mins
Cook 1 hr
This is a recipe for any occasion. It is our twist on chicken and eggplant parmesan.
- 4 chicken breasts, boiled
- 3 small zucchini
- 1 medium eggplant
- 1 large tomatoes
- 1⁄2 medium onion
- 1 lb mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 2 tablespoons italian seasoning
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1⁄2 cup parmesan cheese
- salt (optional)
- 3⁄4-1 cup chicken broth
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Cube cooked chicken into bite sized pieces.
- Peel eggplant and cube it and tomato into bite sized pieces.
- Cut zucchini into thin rings, discarding ends.
- Dice onion.
- Spray a 9X13 pan with non-stick butter flavor cooking spray.
- Put chicken and vegetables into sprayed dish and toss.
- Coat mixture with parmesan cheese, garlic powder, Italian seasoning, and salt (if using).
- Toss mixture again to coat all pieces with seasonings.
- Slowly pour chicken broth into one corner of pan as to not disturb coating on the veggies and chicken.
- Make sure broth covers the bottom of the pan.
- Cook for 45 minutes. Stir after 1/2 hour. Add more broth if it has evaporated to nothing.
- After cooking time, drain any remaining broth from mixture.
- Spread mixture evenly in pan and top with mozzarella cheese.
- Continue to cook for 15 to 20 minutes or until cheese is fully melted over dish.
- Remove from oven and serve immediately.
- Top with extra parmesan cheese.
This is a very tasty dish. It's a good way to use up some of the vegies from the garden. The only change I made was instead of a tomato and chicken broth, I used a can of undrained diced tomatoes because my tomatoes weren't quite ripe enough yet. I also added minced garlic instead of the garlic powder. Great recipe!