This is a "Campbell Soup" recipe, it's easy to make using ingedients you have on hand. This is a good way to use up the leftovers from a grocery store pre-cooked chicken or a turkey dinner. I like Butterball Herb Stuffing the best - it's in the freezer section. (it comes in 900g pkg. and because we prefer more stuffing I use the whole pkg.) I omit the chesse, personal preference.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 59.14 ml butter or 59.14 ml margarine
- 236.59 ml chopped celery
- 236.59 ml chopped onion
- 236.59 ml chopped carrot
- 59.14 ml flour
- 284 ml can Campbell's condensed chicken broth
- 236.59 ml milk
- 900 g package frozen herb seasoned stuffing mix
- 473.18 ml cubed cooked chicken or 473.18 ml cooked turkey
- 236.59 ml shredded cheddar cheese
- 1Cook celery, onion & carrots in hot butter/ margarine in a 3 qt saucepan over medium heat until tender.
- 2Add flour; cook 1 minute more, stirring constantly.
- 3Gradually stir in broth and milk.
- 4Cook till mixute boils and thickens, stirring constantly, then remove from heat.
- 5Add stuffing and chicken; toss to coat.
- 6Spoon into 12x8" baking dish.
- 7Bake at 350 F for 35 minutes.
- 8Sprinkle with cheese, bake 5 minutes more or until cheese is melted.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Garden Chicken and Stuffing
Serving Size: 1 (822 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1019.4
- Calories from Fat 259
- Total Fat 28.8 g
- Saturated Fat 13.4 g
- Cholesterol 87.1 mg
- Sodium 5398.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 129.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.2 g
- Sugars 16.7 g
- Protein 56.9 g