1/2 Photos of Garden Chicken
weekend cooker's Note:
This colorful, delicious casserole is not only flavor packed, but it is also a sight to behold. You can't beat this boutiful dish for family or company.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves, cut into strips
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 5 tablespoons butter
- 1 small yellow squash, julienned
- 1 small zucchini, julienned
- 1 red sweet bell pepper, julienned
- 4 tablespoons flour
- 1 teaspoon seasoning salt
- 1/2 teaspoon salt (optional)
- 1/2 teaspoon seasoned pepper
- 2 teaspoons pesto sauce mix
- 1 (14 ounce) can chicken broth
- 1 cup half-and-half cream
- 1 (8 ounce) package angel hair pasta, cooked al dente, drained
- 1/3 cup shredded parmesan cheese
- 1In a large skillet over medium heat, saute chicken and garlic in butter for 15 minutes. Remove chicken and set aside.
- 2With butter in skillet, saute squash, zucchini, and sweet bell pepper and cook just until tender crisp.
- 3In a small saucepan, melt 3 tablespoons butter and add flour, seasoned salt, salt, black pepper, and pesto seasoning. Stir to form a paste.
- 4Over medium high heat, gradually add broth, stirring constantly, until thick.
- 5Stir in cream and heat thoroughly.
- 6In a large bowl, combine chicken vegetables, broth-cream mixture, and drained pasta.
- 7Transfer to a greased 9x13 inch casserole dish.
- 8Cover and bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes.
- 9Uncover and sprinkle parmesan cheese over top of casserole and return to oven for 5 minutes.
Browse Our Top Chicken Breast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Breast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Garden Chicken
Serving Size: 1 (311 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 436.2
- Calories from Fat 171
- Total Fat 19.0 g
- Saturated Fat 10.6 g
- Cholesterol 95.6 mg
- Sodium 501.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 37.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.2 g
- Sugars 3.1 g
- Protein 27.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
pesto sauce mix