Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
Delicious, creamy, cheesy soup - a favorite of ours. Very large recipe. Perfect on a cold day.
Make and share this Garden Cheese Soup recipe from Food.com.
- 1 cup celery, diced
- 1 cup onion, diced
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2⁄3 cup flour
- 5 cups water
- 6 chicken bouillon cubes
- 4 cups frozen broccoli carrots cauliflower mix
- 4 cups frozen hash brown potatoes
- 2 1⁄2 cups cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 3 cups half-and-half
- In a large kettle, cook celery and onion in butter until tender.
- Stir in flour until smooth. Gradually add water then bouillon cubes, pepper and vegetables.
- Bring to a boil. Reduce heat, cover and simmer 15 minutes.
- Add milk and cheese. Cook and stir until cheese melts and soup is hot. (Do not boil).
Really delicious and easy to make! I love that there's minimal peeling, cutting and chopping! I thawed my veggies and potatoes in the microwave before adding them to the soup. My frozen veggies were just the broccoli/cauliflower blend, so I added in some fresh shredded carrots. Because of all that flour, you really have to stir often during the simmering. I used fat free half and half to cut some fat. The results are wonderful. Thanx for sharing this soup!