1 hr 15 mins
Myrna 2's Note:
A great Lenten casserole. Got this from a little gal in New Hampshire. Prep time and cook time are guesses
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 907.18 g eggplants, peeled
- 24.64 ml salt, divided
- 59.14 ml olive oil
- 2 medium onions, finely chopped
- 2 clove garlic, minced
- 2 medium zucchini, slice 1/2 inch thick
- 5 medium tomatoes, peeled and chopped
- 2 stalk celery, sliced
- 59.14 ml minced parsley
- 14.79 ml dried basil
- 1.23 ml pepper
- 118.29 ml grated romano cheese
- 236.59 ml Italian breadcrumbs
- 29.58 ml melted butter
- 236.59 ml shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1Preheat oven to 375F. Cut eggplant into 1/2" thick slices; sprinkle both sides with 3 teaspoons
- 3Place in a deep dish; cover and let stand for 30 minute Rinse with cold water; drain and dry on paper towels.
- 4Cut eggplant in 1/2" cubes; saute in oil til lightly browned.
- 5Add onions, garlic and zucchini; cook 3 minute Add tomatoes, celery, parsley, basil, pepper and remaining salt; bring to a boil.
- 6Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 10 minute Remove from heat; stir in Romano cheese.
- 7Pour into a greased 9 x 13 baking dish.
- 8Combine crumbs and butter; sprinkle on top.
- 9Bake, uncovered, for 15 minutes. Sprinkle with mozzarella.
- 10Bake 5 minutes longer.
Browse Our Top Cheese Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Garden Casserole
Serving Size: 1 (218 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 179.8
- Calories from Fat 93
- Total Fat 10.4 g
- Saturated Fat 3.9 g
- Cholesterol 16.2 mg
- Sodium 1276.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 16.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.5 g
- Sugars 5.5 g
- Protein 6.6 g