Recipe by Triple BQ
I needed to use up some late garden vegetables and came up with this cassarole. You could add more broth and make it a soup or thicken it up for a stoup. You can use what ever vegetables you have on hand or in the freezer at the end of winter.
- 1 lb hamburger
- 1⁄2 cup onion, chopped
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 3 cups zucchini, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup peas, frozen
- 1 (10 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 2 carrots, diced
- 1 1⁄4 cups beef broth
- 1 (10 ounce) can creamed corn
- 1 tablespoon chili sauce
- 3 cups brown rice, cooked
- 1 (14 ounce) can kidney beans, drained
Directions See How It's Made
- In a saucepan par boil the carrots. Drain.
- In a skillet brown hamburger, onion, black peper, and garlic powder, til done.
- In a small roasting pan, cassarole dish or lg crock pot put all ingredients mix well. Bake for 1 1/2hr in 350deg oven.
- For a different flavor sub 1 1/2 cups salsa for the tomatoes and top with cheddar cheese.
- Mix and match veggies for what you like.